1-Kinley eats every 2.5-3 hours and has since the beginning. This is a blessing.
2-Olivia loves her baby sister. She has only once said she didn't...and it was short-lived (as in about 3 minutes). Since last week she wants to hold her as often as she can (for brief moments of course!).
3-My down time during the day has been reduced to about 30 min, an hour on a good day. My productivity is going to have to increase!!
4-Olivia can take herself to the restroom, but may or may not come out with panties and pants back on. She also now poops in the potty!
5-Kinley loves to be held. She is more cuddly than Olivia was. Not that this a bad thing. Unfortunately, we have also built a few bad habits around this already and have begun this week to undo them. Rats.
6-If I don't shower before Dan heads to work, I may or may not get one before 12. UNLESS, I employ point 7.
7-Sesame Street and Olivia the Pig allow for uninterrupted feeding/house chores/showering and every once in a while- a mommy break.
8-Chocolate, cookies, and maybe Starbucks (as a treat every once in awhile) have become necessities several days a week.
9-Escaping to Mrs. Dillons just to get out of the house can be a highlight of the day. Kinley usually sleeps and Olivia gets a fresh dose of new things to observe. I get out of the house with two small bodies contained in a shopping cart. We enjoyed a leisurely 45 min stroll through Dillons Marketplace a couple of weeks ago and came home with milk and stickers.
10-While I love our dog, Brisco can create almost as many headaches as the 2 year old. Especially when the 2 year old offers him forbidden snacks.
Seriously, though, we are adjusting and settling into a routine...which makes me happy. :) Sarah
| Kinley--10 days old |
PS Still struggling with my photos...I'll get it eventually!
I love all the honesty in this post. (I'm all about that.) From other blogs I have been reading this week, seeing someone say "Yes! Moms need breaks too and moms also need cookies, chocolate and Starbucks. I don't always get a shower, I sometimes go to the grocery store for sanity, and letting kids watch some tv is okay!" This is all so refreshing! And as a fellow mom, I share in your excitement about the bathroom independence. :)
ReplyDeleteThis gave me several chuckles. It is all so true. I remember asking for my birthday after Chris was born, just an uninterrupted shower.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! This is a great post --- I love hearing a bit of mommy talk in there too. It's a great tell-all of what may be to come :) Thanks
ReplyDelete