Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Olympics!


Our house has been taking in a lot of the Olympics in the past week!  We've also been doing a few activities related to the Olympics.  We painted Olympic rings, glued Olympic colors, and sorted objects into Olympic colors/rings (she did really well matching colors!).  Olivia has asked for the Olympics most evenings and some mornings.  When asked about the Olympics--she'll comment: "olympics", "splash".  Or at least "splash".  She enjoyed watching the opening ceremony, especially the horses.  But her favorite has been the diving.  She watched very intently the first diving evening and then proceeded to stand on the divider between our couch, put her hands up, and jump onto the couch. "splash"  I think if we put her on a diving board, she'd jump.  Most of the other events have been on too late, so I've just been enjoying them.

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo sweet! I've been thinking of her every single time I see the diving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fascinated this year by the diving as well, but didn't try it out on the couch. Sounds like fun-maybe I should have given it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask Olivia next time you see her about the Olympics. She still gets excited and has asked several times over the past week. :)

    ReplyDelete